Deploying from Launcher
Select Dataverse from the Google Cloud Launcher Console and click Launch on Compute Engine
- Choose a name for your Dataverse deployment
- Select an appropriate Zone for your deployment
- Select an appropriately sized machine for your deployment with a minimum of 4 cores. If using BYOL this will need to match the number of cores that your license is valid for.
- Click Deploy
Watch your Dataverse deployment complete. You will now see the following information:
- Site Address – the publicly accessible URL for accessing Dataverse
- Admin Username and Password.
Now would be a good time to go grab a tea or coffee. The solution will take 5 – 10 minutes to complete setup in the background. When Setup is complete, following the link to the Dataverse instance should present you with the Dataverse login page.
You will need to ensure your GCP Project has a firewall rule enabling traffic on port 8080 to reach your Dataverse instance. See here for more info.
First Login and License Activation
To log in to the system enter the username and password on your completed deployment page. You will now need to add your license so ensure you have your License file to hand. If you do not have your license file to hand, please reach out to our Support Team.
Perform the following steps to activate the license:
- Click Import your license file
- Browse to your license file on your local computer
- You will now be taken to the Directory Page where you can begin to manage users or create your Data Flows.
Changing your Password
We strongly recommend changing your default Admin password. To do this perform the following steps:
- Click on Users in the left hand pane
- Click Change Password in the right hand pane
- Enter a new password twice in the dialog box.